Re: [opensuse] video problem with an ancient laptop
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 02:17:48 +0200 (CEST)

El 2013-08-12 a las 17:34 -0400, Chuck Payne escribió:

Carlos,

I am finding with the older hardward, it better to use grub, instead
of grub2. I have a Dell Power Edge 1400, and the video only had 4MB,
grub2 keeps wanting to use what every the monitor says it wants, grub
just lets me set to 1024x768 with no worries.

Just something to throw out there is you have issues at boot.

No, no issues at boot; later, with the kernel running. I let the system install grub2 not having any reason not to at the moment, even though I'm more familiar with grub1. I have to get used to grub2.

And my display does not talk, no EDID info: that's the problem.

- -- Cheers

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4, with Evergreen, x86_64 "Celadon" (Minas Tirith))
< Previous Next >