Re: [opensuse] 12.3 (64bit) Hibernate problem
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:19:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-08-01 at 00:33 -0300, Marco Calistri wrote:

Good news!: I increased swap from 3 to 6G and now hibernate works but it
takes several minutes to take effect; dunno if it can be adjusted by
proper settings in /etc/suspend.conf.

Doubtful.

## use splash picture? (default y)
splash = n

Good. This should allow you to see the progress of the procedure.

## this hugely speeds up encryption and also compression on mulitcore machines
threads = y

This, if it works, makes the process faster.

What I really would like to have is the Suspend option added into
power-management settings for Gnome 3.6.2, I think it is easy to add it
as it is present for KDE.

KDE has it?
The Gnome doesn't because it thinks it does not work. If s2ram works, raise a bug in bugzilla.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.