Re: [opensuse] 12.3 (64bit) Hibernate problem
On 7/31/2013 5:53 PM, Marco Calistri wrote:
Il 30/07/2013 17:53, Marco Vittorini Orgeas ha scritto:
On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 04:58:56 PM Marco Calistri wrote:

I think it is not matter of swap because I think I have 4G dedicated to
this task, at least.

How many people on this ML running my hardware/DE are facing some issues
as me for hibernate?

If I am alone I would begin to worry, but if I am "one of many" then I
hope devs. team will resolve the problem by next software updates.

Chhers,

1) Be sure(!) your swap partition size is bigger than your available RAM.

2) Try to hibernate and re-start.

Dunno why but I configured my swap to 3G while my phisical RAM is 4G.

marco@linux-turion64:~> sudo /usr/sbin/swapon -s
Filename Type Size Used Priority
/dev/sda7 partition 3147772 0 -1

In any case I am not totally convinced about the rule to set swap to be
bigger than RAM.

Cheers,

Well as someone pointed out upthread, it will attempt compression on
what it writes to swap.