[opensuse] Cant rename/remove /var/tmp in 12.3?
Hello,

in all my linux installations, I used to replace /var/tmp by a symlink to a
directory on my main user partition. The intent of this is to ensure that
there is no private information on the root partition.

With 12.3, this won't work anymore:

raven:/ # mv /var/tmp /var/tmp-orig
mv: cannot move ‘/var/tmp’ to ‘/var/tmp-orig’: Device or resource busy

raven:/ # ls -ld /var/tmp
drwxrwxrwt 15 root root 4096 Jul 31 10:41 /var/tmp

raven:/ # getfacl /var/tmp
# file: var/tmp
# owner: root
# group: root
# flags: --t
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::rwx

raven:/ # df /var/tmp
/dev/mapper/cr_sda8 20649592 8361332 11239320 43% /

I get the same error when trying to delete. Even rebooting into single user
mode won't help.

Any ideas why the directory appears to be busy? Even if I remove all the
contents of the directory, it still appears to be busy. BTW: a busy directory
seems to be totally new semantics to me.

--
Josef Wolf
jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx