Re: [opensuse] 12.3 (64bit) Hibernate problem
Il 29/07/2013 18:31, John Andersen ha scritto:
On 7/29/2013 11:09 AM, Marco Calistri wrote:
Hello,

I am noticing that hibernate function on opensuse 12.3 is not working as
expected: today my notebook has powered-off due battery charge has gone
below the limit and system has simply switched-off instead to hibernate.

I red quickly some threads on regard and I applied a modification on
suspend.conf by enabling "thread=y" but nothing has solved the root problem.

I would expect when hibernate works correctly to restore the job from
the point it has been freezed and have not to wait a lot of time for
hibernate process take to attempt something that resolves to the need of
rebooting the system again.

Any comments/instructions on this problem?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Hibernate is not suspend (Suspend is also known as sleep). Two different
things.

Hibernate is going to take longer to resume than suspend.

What desktop are you using?

In KDE you can set critical battery level in System Settings, Power
Management / Advanced.
In there you can also set the desired action to take when critical battery
level is reached.
It might be that it is set to shutdown, or it might be that your critical
battery level is set
so low that the system does not have the time to properly hibernate.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Gnome 3.6.2 as desktop environment and
there I set power-namagement to hibern when battery reaches critical
value not sure if I can set a limit treshold there.

Cheers,

--
Marco Calistri (amdturion)
opensuse 12.3 (Dartmouth) 64 bit - Kernel 3.7.10-1.4-desktop Gnome 3.6.2