Re: [opensuse] Sane driver for Reflecta ProScan 7200?
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:58:29 +0200
MarkusGMX <Markus.Egg@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I tried to find a sane driver for my Reflecta ProScan 7200.
There seems to be none, at least according to most of the websites
like
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=Reflecta&model=&bus=any&v=&p=

Try to use 'lsusb' that will tell you among other stuff ID and then
with that go to the sane-project.org and try searching again.

Reflecta does not appear as a company that is manufacturing scanners, so
it could be that model is supported under original manufacturer
drivers, but not yet in a SANE project database.

Do I really have to switch on my Windows machine for that?
:-(

If that is the only solution, then yes.

Linux is operating system with the best hardware support out of the
box, but it is not a magic box that just works with anything that one
can throw at it.

One of the problems that I have seen before (mentioned above) is that
some brand name device is not recognized because no one reported that
hardware ID and driver is not automatically installed.

--
Regards, Rajko.