Re: [opensuse] dependencies and tarballs
On 07/27/2013 07:25 PM, lynn wrote:
Hi everyone
I have the obs NETWORK:samba repo

I want samba-client 4.0.7 from the rpm and my own cifs-utils from
source. I can't remove samba-client without also removing cifs-utils.
Currently, I take what it gives me and then make install the cifs-utils
over the top of what's already there. I need to debug some bits which
don't work.

I don't want to have to install the whole of 4.0.7. Is there a way to
remove the dependency and do this neatly?

What about not poking around with the RPM, but instead use your software
installation from the source tarball like that?

$ ./configure --prefix=/path/to/somwhere \
&& make && make install

And then use that installation by
$ export PATH="/path/to/somewhere:$PATH"
and maybe/probably
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/path/to/somewhere/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

I'm sure you get the idea.

Have a nice day,
Berny