Re: [opensuse] 64 bit vs 32 bit RAM consumption [summary]
-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [opensuse] 64 bit vs 32 bit RAM consumption [summary]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 16:37:26 -0400

I think it sad and poor performer based on personal experience.
For a while in the 11.4 days I *DID* run both the 'normal' and the PAE
versions on my laptop. The difference was noticeable.

For a long time is was by for the most popular route to more than
4gig of memory, because the 64bit kernels were way behind in that
time.

Yes, it was a solution to that problem, and as such it was a valid
solution, if you needed to run an application that required the
additional address space.

What is sad is that, as you say, the 64-bit kernels were lagging.