Re: [opensuse] Looking for TV viewer programs in Opensuse 12.3
On 07/24/2013 10:43 AM, Terry Eck wrote:
Hello,
Currently run 12.1 and wish to update to 12.3. Checked some of the rpms
on the cdrom (under suse/i586) and cannot find xawtv (which I currently
use) or any other rpm names that hint to being
a program for watching TV. If I do update could I include xawtv.rpm for
version 12.1?
Thanks for any help in figuring out what to do.
Terry
PS: I have noticed that as newer versions of Opensuse occur more of my
favorite programs are either missing or no longer work.

You don't mention what your desktop environment is. I use KDE and Kaffeine is extremely easy to use for OTA free tv. Scans for channels and is easy to setup. I am currently using it on opensuse 12.3.

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan
Woodlawn Foundation