Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.3. automount, /media
On Saturday 20 July 2013, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:
В Sat, 20 Jul 2013 15:37:56 +0200

Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> пишет:
But as said before, probably I will disable both udisks-1 and 2,
using udev directly. udisks default mount options are useless
anyway if you have multiple users. I see no way to get them
configured to do something useful.

udisks takes mount options from client. I do not know the current
state of KDE, but in GNOME3 there is no way to customize mount
options, at least I could not find any.

You can supply mount options using e.g. "udiskctl mount -o ... "

Of course you can still use udisksctl (or udisks) to mount manually with
the right options. Unfortunately "-o remount" is not supported so you
can't correct your stupid window manager without u/mounting.

The udisks-glue user daemon supports setting default mount options in
it's config file but as said it's using udisks-1 and conflicts with
recent window managers with udisk2 support.

I don't understand why udisks daemon itself does not seem to support
configurable default mount options and the ability to mount
automatically without any further actions by users.

I mean how stupid is the whole concept that you need at laest 5-6
daemons to just to get a media auto-mounted:
- dbus
- udev
- polkit
- consolekit?
- udisks-daemon
- and a client daemon for example udisks-glue

And the whole construct is still not able to cover simple use cases.
Moreover it is full of conflicts and race conditions and
unstable/incompatible interfaces, random mount points, etc.

cu,
Rudi