Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.3. automount, /media
* Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> [07-20-13 09:40]:
[...]
I'd say udisk-1 should be de-installed to avoid these stupid conflicts.
On the other hand running udisks-glue would be nice if you want to
automount independent from the used windowmanager. Pity that
udisks-glue does not use the udisk2 interface.

But as said before, probably I will disable both udisks-1 and 2, using
udev directly. udisks default mount options are useless anyway if you
have multiple users. I see no way to get them configured to do
something useful.

fwiw: I run Tumbleweed and have no kde3 libs or apps. After ensuring
that I could reinstall if necessary, I removed udisks and udisks-glue and
the only change I noticed was umounting an external drive complained the
request was not made by the mounting user and asked for root password.
Subsequent mount/umount and display operations proceeded w/o complaint or
*noticed* differences.

intel system containing ide/sata2/sata3/usb2/usb3 storage devices.