Re: [opensuse] Hopefully, a non-biased question.....................(SOLVED)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 22:23:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday, 2013-07-19 at 11:39 -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:

The way I made the conversion many years ago was to set up a dual boot. When I had some spare time to kill I would reboot into Linux and play around. I broke it a few times while I learned a few things not to do. After a short time I found that I was spending more and more time in Linux until I was seldom booting into Windows any longer.

Heh, many of us have done that. Me, I did that on 1998. I had no internet to ask or did not know whom to ask, but I had Fidonet. It took me weeks to set up graphical mode, using xfconfig, I think it was.

When they created staroffice, it was my turning point, I no longer needed Office. The remaining problem was Internet, a number of pages required iexplorer, netscape would not work.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.