Re: [opensuse] How to get rid of (?) Titles when seeing several running apps
On 18/07/13 22:39, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
[...]
When I have several apps running and push the cursor into the topmost
lefthand corner of the monitor screen I get all the apps displayed each in a
mini "window". By clicking on any one that apps is then displayed in full
screen and I can continue to use it. (There has to be a name for this
situation but I don't know what KDE used to describe this.)

When the apps are displayed in the mini "windows" each app has a TITLE - a
black block with white text - displayed through the middle of "window" with
the TITLE describing which app is being run in a "window".

This TITLE is annoying for two reasons: the first is that I watch TV
programs and the TITLE covers a portion of the middle of the TV screen, and
secondly the TITLE is a rally useless because I, at least, know what apps
are running at any one time.

Does anybody know, please, how to eliminate this TITLE being superimposed on
each and every "window"?
probably a function of your chosen terminal driver. Check "man xterm" and
search for "title".

Thanks, Patrick, but as you see Peter had the solution.

(I did look in the xterm man and found "title" but how to use it....... :-( .)

BC

--
Using openSUSE 12.3, KDE 4.10.5 & kernel 3.10.1-3 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor