Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 12.3. automount, /media
On Thursday 18 July 2013, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Wednesday, 2013-07-17 at 22:50 +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:
Since I've upraded to 12.3 I don't understand the automounting
logic anymore. Some external medias are mounted in /media and some
in /var/run/user/$USER.

I want to have automount independent from any particular user.
Usually there are none, one or many users logged in and it's not
clear who has insterted the media and who wants to do use it.

in "/etc/udev/rules.d/99-correct-media-mount-point.rules" write:
ENV{ID_FS_USAGE}=="filesystem|other|crypto",
ENV{UDISKS_FILESYSTEM_SHARED}="1"

then run

udevadm control --reload

Thanks, I couldn't yet really check whether this is working or not
because I can't reproduce the mounting under /var/run/user/$USER

It's a real pain. Now automounting stopped working at all since I have
invoked one time
udevadm monitor

How can I enable it again?

cu,