Re: [opensuse] md stealing disks! (solved)
On 7/17/2013 2:23 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
Hi Folks,

I figured out what was going on. The disk, that I thought was new,
apparently wasn't. It must have been a member of an md array
at one point, and the kernel was grabbing it and trying to use it.

LOL...

You know I had an email all typed up asking how sure you were that the
disk was in fact NEW as you stated, but I thought it might be pretty
insulting to ask something so obvious. So I deleted it instead of sending it.

Next time I'll take the risk. ;-)

I did notice that md does appear to be running on my laptop which has never
had an array in it.