Re: [opensuse] Re: Android print solution?
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [07-12-13 18:18]:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
If the printer is not available on the Internet, you can't print to it.
Sure you can, but the means are somewhat devious. I can print from
anywhere with google's "Cloud Print". There is also an HP app which works
with particular printers from outside your local network w/o baring yout
printer to the world. I str that both require setting up via google's
chromium browser.

Can you set up a CUPS printer and access it from elsewhere, if you didn't
configure it and your firewall to allow such access? No, I didn't think so.

You answer your own question w/o facts and incorrectly. Your problem.

I have never used a cloud printer. How do you access it, if you don't
configure it to be accessible from outside or at least running some software
that makes it available?

google it. I told you it's setup via chromium.