Re: [opensuse] Re: Android print solution?
* James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> [07-12-13 17:43]:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* blackspruce.software@xxxxxxxxx <blackspruce.software@xxxxxxxxx> [07-12-13
15:25]:
Try Let's Print Droid on the Play market. It's free , it talks CUPS nicely
and it works with Avahi (Choose Bonjour scan when you add a new printer).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackspruce.lpd
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackspruce.lpd>

BlackSpruce
This appears to be *only* an advertisement, ie: spam. Althought it does
print successfully to my networked hp laserjet, it only prints from within
the local network whereas "Cloud Print" from google allows me to print
from anywhere. I guess an option would be to open the printer address to
the world but seem a "Bad Idea"(!tm).

So finally this *is* spam!

Why is it spam, if it works on the local network? That's the same as
printing from a computer.

It is not particularly about any version of openSUSE or even proposed as,
originated from a commercial address and proposes a product not for
openSUSE systems.

If the printer is not available on the Internet, you can't print to it.

Sure you can, but the means are somewhat devious. I can print from
anywhere with google's "Cloud Print". There is also an HP app which works
with particular printers from outside your local network w/o baring yout
printer to the world. I str that both require setting up via google's
chromium browser.