Re: [opensuse] Re: Android print solution?
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* blackspruce.software@xxxxxxxxx <blackspruce.software@xxxxxxxxx> [07-12-13
15:25]:
Try Let's Print Droid on the Play market. It's free , it talks CUPS nicely
and it works with Avahi (Choose Bonjour scan when you add a new printer).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackspruce.lpd
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackspruce.lpd>

BlackSpruce
This appears to be *only* an advertisement, ie: spam. Althought it does
print successfully to my networked hp laserjet, it only prints from within
the local network whereas "Cloud Print" from google allows me to print
from anywhere. I guess an option would be to open the printer address to
the world but seem a "Bad Idea"(!tm).

So finally this *is* spam!

Why is it spam, if it works on the local network? That's the same as printing from a computer. If the printer is not available on the Internet, you can't print to it.