[opensuse] Question on Drivers for Hardware
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 11:07:53 -0400
Guys,

I been tasked to build a kiosk app with SUSE Studio. The one problem I
am running into, is that JeOS doesn't give all the drivers for every
piece hardware where out there.

What packages would you recommend for me to add, how can I get to do
that detect hardware when the kiosk first boots up.

The project I am work on for School, it a way we can give them a
bootable usb drive, that boots up to x ( I am using ice because it
small ), use Chrome to take a test. Once the test is does, they can
reboot the computer with usb drive and it be clean for the next
student.

If I can get to work, this would be a big step for openSUSE. So
please any advice would be welcome.

My alpha right now fit on 4GB usb drive, I got broadcom, intel, and
most of the network drives, but I looking for others.

I am willing to post my output of config file to show what I have running.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 7-9, 2013 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org