[opensuse] fldigi with SuSE 12.3
  • From: Damon Register <damon.w.register@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:16:16 -0400
Earlier this week I installed fldigi on my PC that is running SuSE 12.3.
It seems to work ok in the root account but when I try to run under a
regular user account, a window opens briefly and then the program closes.
I tried starting by typing fldigi in a terminal window to see if I could
get any meaningful messages about the failure. I don't remember the exact
message but it appears that it is a permission problem with the sound card.

Does anyone have experience with fldigi and how to get the correct sound
card permission?

Damon Register