Re: [opensuse] need some ideas - traffic appears to be disappearing
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:33:09 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

I've set up the following iptables rules:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i ipip1 -j LOG --log-level debug
--log-prefix 'prerout: '
iptables -A INPUT -p all -i ipip1 -j LOG --log-level debug
--log-prefix 'input: '
iptables -A FORWARD -p all -i ipip1 -j LOG --log-level debug
--log-prefix 'forward: '

I only get the message logged in PREROUTING, nothing in INPUT
nor FORWARD. What is happening to my message???

The above is the real question - any inbound packet which goes through
PREROUTING ought to end up in INPUT or FORWARD, so why doesn't it ????
Is there some other way out that I am not aware of?

This is the packet flow I using as a reference:

http://files.jessen.ch/Linux-Packet-Flow.png

My packet is logged during PREROUTING, but then disappears. Any
suggestions on how to debug this?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (23.1°C)