[opensuse] need some ideas - traffic appears to be disappearing
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 15:43:24 +0200
I am having some trouble with a new system I'm setting up. It's
essentially a clone of a node of an existing cluster, except
the new node is running openSUSE 12.3, the old ones openSUSE 11.0.

Inbound TCP traffic doesn't seem to work, so I've been debugging
this for a while. I have a postfix daemon listening on port 25,
but when I try to telnet to it, nothing happens.

I've set up the following iptables rules:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t mangle -i ipip1 -j LOG --log-level debug
--log-prefix 'prerout: '
iptables -A INPUT -p all -i ipip1 -j LOG --log-level debug --log-prefix
'input: '
iptables -A FORWARD -p all -i ipip1 -j LOG --log-level debug --log-prefix
'forward: '

I only get the message logged in PREROUTING, nothing in INPUT
nor FORWARD. What is happening to my message???

Note:

a) when I telnet from an external address (desired), the message disappears.
2) if I telnet from a local (10.7.2.x) address (contrived), the message
appears.

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I feel I'm missing some tiny setting
somewhere.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (26.5°C)