Re: [opensuse] Kate unusable in 12.3 via ssh remote login
John Andersen wrote:
There may be more Xserver issues there than meets the eye.

While testing this bug, I logged into a OS 12.3 laptop via ssh from
another machine (windows), and ran the tests. When I had ascertained
that the original report was true, it was very slow.

I went over to that lap top to verify it worked correctly there.

Then I logged out of the lap top.

Then Logged back in again, and the KDE desktop showed up NOT on the
LAPTOP, but on the Windows machine I had previously tested from.

Couldn't believe my eyes, so I repeated the test, and it happened the
same way again. If there is an existing xsession on a remote machine,
and you log in on the local machine, your X session goes to the
remote machine.

Nothing but a reboot will fix that.

That does sound very bizarre, and very worrying.

Can you clarify something please. You wrote "I logged into a OS 12.3
laptop via ssh" which sounds like you opened a remote connection in a
terminal. But then you wrote "If there is an existing xsession on a
remote machine", which is something completely different.

Do you mean that you did have a remote xsession, or do you mean you just
had a remote X connection and were being sloppy with words?