Re: [opensuse] Kate unusable in 12.3 via ssh remote login
There may be more Xserver issues there than meets the eye.

While testing this bug, I logged into a OS 12.3 laptop via ssh from another
machine (windows), and ran the tests.
When I had ascertained that the original report was true, it was very slow.

I went over to that lap top to verify it worked correctly there.

Then I logged out of the lap top.

Then Logged back in again, and the KDE desktop showed up NOT on the LAPTOP,
but on the Windows machine I had previously tested from.

Couldn't believe my eyes, so I repeated the test, and it happened the same way
again. If there is an existing xsession on a remote machine, and you log in
on the local machine, your X session goes to the remote machine.

Nothing but a reboot will fix that.