[opensuse] Re: shell script help
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On Sunday, 2013-07-07 at 21:09 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

Anyone know a good source of examples for dweebs who can't remember from one scripting writing session to the next anything new learned to get a task done, and requires examples rather than reading man pages to understand anything unfamiliar?

Heh, I have the same problem.

I have a text file with a collection of small samples, But always I need something else that is not collected there, and I have to grep in scripts all over the place to find it.
----
I finally started collecting scripts (bash & perl) into a lib dir.
I had to write my own include to allow hierarchical includes
like:

include Util/Needroot

I have functions in my .bashrc and .bash_env to make aliases
available and a list of my GROUPS(by name)

I put a standard prologue at the beginning of my scripts to
make sure paths and such are set correctly for my lib usage.
include errnos -- (defines all the EAGAIN type vars on your
system from your errno.h).

Have scripts to setup my network interfaces now, rename them to constant
names, (by their etherID), assign network priorities using cgroups...
et al...