[opensuse] replace file server disk
Hi
We're running out of space on old amd fileserver with a sata II disk.
It's been doing 12 hour days for several years. I've found good deals on
these:
http://www.pccomponentes.com/seagate_barracuda_7200_12_500gb_sata3.html
http://www.pccomponentes.com/wd_caviar_blue_500gb_sata3.html
Anyone any preference? Or WHY.

A few points.
They are sata III. sata II are difficult to find and are more expensive.
It seems the connections are the same. (?)

There's a spare cable in the box. One idea is to install it alongside
and copy the shares to it. I'd have just one partition for the data.

I could also backup and replace, which seems a good idea due to the age
of the existing disk.

A few worries.
If I replace, I'm not sure if it's as simple as keeping the same name
and IP and just rejoining the domain.

When the disk is in place, can I do all this with the 12.3 Yast?

Any comments on any of the above would be most grateful.
Thanks,
L x