Re: [opensuse] Added INFO, SSD tuning; was: SSD and smartctl: Percentage ...
On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 13:12:42 -0400
Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Desktop so hibernation not an issue.

In any case I got corrections in a private mail from Lars Marowsky-Bree
that drive rotates blocks on it own, so no need to manually change swap
position.

I will find few articles about SSD specifics and read them again, but
obviously I mixed concepts. Partition is a kernel level term about
grouping parts of hard disk by their proximity on platters, while
handling blocks is firmware related term.

With classic hard disk it was good idea to keep replacements close on
the disk to minimize time consuming head movements, but with SSD there
is no real need for that as setting an address will take almost the
same amount of time.

--
Regards, Rajko.