Re: [opensuse] How to debug notifications about failed authentication
Thanks John.

That is a start, but I don't know what to do with what that tells me.
There is only one .xsession-errors file, and it says nothing about
Authorization failed. It has only many instances of a line that
begins "Error, cannont create transaction proxy
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner","Could not get
owner of name 'org.bluez': no such name")

In /var/log/messages, there do not seem to be any error messages,
rather, I see only messages relating to org.freedesktop.PackageKit,
and all seem to indicate successful activation of a service with that
name, and all seem to come from dbus or dbus-daemon.

I have no idea what any of that is, let alone what it means.

I am paranoid about keeping my systems up to date, and so greatly
value notifications when they tell me of new updates to apply. And, I
have the mental habit, as a programmer, of treating warnings produced
by my compilers as if they are errors demanding a fix, and issue a
commandline directive to silence a warning only if it is already known
that a given warning is spurious. So what do I do here? Are these
messages I see the cause of the problem, or do I have to dig further.
And if these messages I see are responsible for the notifications I am
getting, what do I fix, and how?

Thanks

Ted