[opensuse] Re: how to zypper search "RPM provide" to find TeXLive package files?
  • From: "Carlos F. Lange" <carlosflange@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 12:21:29 -0600
It turns out that we would need this "RPM provides" feature in zypper,
if we want to replace TexLive's own package manager TLMGR in
texliveonfly.

Here is another example of search that requires this feature. While
many of the TexLive packages have the name of Latex package in the
package name ("texlive-package"), it is not always the case. If I need
the style file "palatino.sty", and I search the package names for
"palatino", then I find "texlive-palatino" and
"texlive-palatino-fonts". But none of these RPMs provide the style
file palatino.sty.
Only searching with YaST2 for palatino.sty with "RPM provides" we find
that the package containing this file is "texlive-psnfss".

How can we do this search with zypper?

Thanks,
Carlos FL