Re: [opensuse] Kernel 3.0.74-40.1 subsequently re-offered for update via Evergreen
On 07/04/2013 10:07 PM, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
But immediately after the update the packages are re-offered.
This is an endless loop. Things are identical with kpackagekit.

Is this a known issue?

i have not seen it in my 11.4 (and not seen any other post the problem)..

What can I do to tell Yast/kpackagekit that the
kernel needs no update any more?

not sure if it will help--i doubt it could hurt (but read my sig caveat before, anyway)--do these in order in a root terminal/console:

zypper clean --all
rpmdb --rebuilddb
zypper refresh -fdb

they might take a while...don't interrupt...when done then run YaST Online Update (YOU) again and see if the problem is gone..

by the way, i found kpackagekit pretty flaky in 11.4 and disabled it and use YOU occasionally (as often as you wanna) instead..(later updates to packagekit may have solved those probs...have not tested)

alternatively "zypper patch" does all that YOU does, and "zypper up" does all that kpackagekit did, but better (imo...ymmv)

dd
http://tinyurl.com/DD-Caveat