Re: [opensuse] KDE Crashes
On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 03:25 +0200, šumski wrote:
On Thursday 04 of July 2013 21:19:14 Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
when I boot up KDE after a recent software update, I get numerous
crashes in individual programs while booting. They also occur when I
try to start individual programs after booting.

When I boot up I receive numerous notices that KNotify has crashed.
(amarok:3460): GStreamer-WARNING **: Failed to load plugin
'/usr/lib64/gstreamer-0.10/libgstvideo4linux2.so':
/usr/lib64/libgstcontroller-0.10.so.0: undefined symbol:
g_type_class_adjust_private_offset

Hi Mark,
which repos do you have? The error indicates incompatible gstreamer & friends
stuff. What happens if you switch to phonon-vlc backend? That should at least
help with phonon depending apps

Hi,
thanks for your reply. The repos were wrong, several were directed to
factory instead of 12.3. But I honestly don't know how they were set to
factory instead of 12.3, even though I must have done that at some
point. I reset to the correct repos and rebooted, everything seems to
be working fine now.

Thanks,
Mark