Re: [opensuse] IPv6 - do you use SLAAC or DHCP ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2013 13:54:04 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Think of outgoing as you using a browser and incoming, your servers.
It is only the incoming traffic that needs to know the address. So,
look up your MAC based address and use it for your DNS. For outgoing,
it really doesn't matter which you use. There's a way to turn off
random, but I don't recall the details at the moment.

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/default/use_tempaddr

I have to say, I don't really see the point of using a random address on
our own network.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (17.8°C)