Re: [opensuse] IPv6 - do you use SLAAC or DHCP ?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 21:06:45 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

James Knott wrote:

On my network, I use the SLAAP addresses as mention. I use manual
configuration for anything that's permanently attached to my network,
for things like NTP & DNS server.

Okay. How do you prevent those servers from getting a randomly
generated IPv6 address?

Hmm, it seems that the SLAAC is automagically disabled when dhclient6 is
running. Which solves my issue with having both SLAAC and DHCP6,
except for three Windows boxes. And I don't really have to worry about
those.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.8°C)