Re: [opensuse] IMAP issues on openSUSE 12.3
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 08:41:24 +0200
On Tue, 2013-07-02 at 08:10 +0200, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, 2013-07-02 at 01:11 +0930, Rodney Baker wrote:
On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 17:00:24 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

[...]
I expect mail to arrive from a single remote via SMTP, be handled by
postfix, who delivers mail to procmail, who sorts things into a user's
Maildir folder. All access of mail is via IMAP. As I have on my older
openSUSE system.

Exactly what I do with dovecot, sendmail, spamassassin and postfix, except
that I also use fetchmail to collect mail from 3 different external
accounts
and deliver them to local mailboxes for 2 different users. And it "just
works(TM)". I have had the same setup running from 10.3 to 12.3 (and Fedora
Core 5 - 9 before switching to openSuSE), and now I've moved it off the
desktop machine and onto a Raspberry Pi (running raspbian, based on Debian
"wheezy") and it "just works(TM)" there too. Same setup, same configs.

I have never had a problem before either. Do you use SSL with IMAPD? I
don't. Maybe evolution (despite the fact that it is an optional setting)
is using it no matter? Otherwise I cannot see how it can claim that my
password is incorrect.

How does one manage the gnome keyring? Seems there used to be a
gnome-keyring-manager. But no more. I tried the gnome-control-center,
but all it does is let me start yast. I do not use gnome as my desktop.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems

Office: Int +46 10-615 60 20