Re: [opensuse] problems with systemctl and teamviewer daemon
On Monday 01 Jul 2013 18:28:33 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 01/07/13 18:04, Eddie escribió:
Is anyone successfully running teamviewer8 on opensuse 12.3? If so I'd
like to know how you got it to work.

When I try to run teamviewer I get the following error:

The TeamViewer daemon is not running!
Please start the daemon (needs root permissions) before running
TeamViewer:
teamviewer --daemon start

running teamviewer --deamon start produces the following error message:

systemctl start teamviewerd.service
Failed to issue method call: Unit teamviewerd.service failed to load: No
such file or directory.

If I manually start the daemon from the commandline using

/opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/teamviewerd -d

then teamview will work.

Would be grateful for any advice or times.

Does /opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/script/teamviewerd.service exists ???

if so, you have to ln -s
/opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/script/teamviewerd.service
/etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service

and then enable..start the service.. (and hope propietary vendors know
how to write systemd services.. do not hold your breath though)

Thanks but the file does exist and is already linked.

# ls -l /opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/script/teamviewerd.service
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 359 Jul 1 22:38
/opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/script/teamviewerd.service

# ls -l /etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 50 Jul 1 21:45 /etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service
-> /opt/teamviewer8/tv_bin/script/teamviewerd.service

I ran the following command

# systemctl list-unit-files | grep teamviewerd
teamviewerd.service enabled

However, when I try systemctl start teamviewerd.service I get the No such file
or directly error mentioned above.

Any suggestions?