Re: [opensuse] IMAP issues on openSUSE 12.3
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 17:00:24 +0200
On Mon, 2013-07-01 at 15:17 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

I am curious why the IP address in the status listing is
[::ffff:127.0.0.1] and not [127.0.0.1

It's unusual for applications to write all addresses as IPv6 addresses.

Dunno about the rest of it.

So I disabled IP6 and restarted the system. It still prints the
addresses this way. I suspect it is a bad trace statement more than
refusal not to use IP6.

Every e-mail reader app seems to have a different take on the system.
evolution no longer wants to talk to the imapd it was happily talking to
earlier. kmail seems to talk but does not want to delete messages. No
warning. It just seems to ignore the request.

Getting e-mail sorted is the last thing before I can fully switch to
12.3,

I expect mail to arrive from a single remote via SMTP, be handled by
postfix, who delivers mail to procmail, who sorts things into a user's
Maildir folder. All access of mail is via IMAP. As I have on my older
openSUSE system.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

Ramböll RST / Systems