Re: [opensuse] Problem mounting an iso file
On 07/01/2013 01:58 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
Terry Eck wrote:

Hi

I use to be able to mount and iso file under previous OpenSuse version
(11.3).
Currently using version 12.1.

I tried to mount the iso file with the following:

mount -o loop -t iso9660 file.iso /mtn/isoimage
where /mnt/isoimage was created with: mkdir -p /mnt/isoimage.

System responds with:
mount: Could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know
about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)

I tried 'modprobe loop' resulting in the following:
FATAL: Could not load /lib/modules/3.1.10-1.19-desktop/modules.dep: No
such file or directory

Could someone please give me an idea of how to solve this problem?
Try running "depmod" as root, then try mounting the iso again.

Ran depmod as root. When that command was issued nothing was displayed in the terminal.

Then ran "mount -o loop -t iso9660 file.iso /mtn/isoimage" and the following was displayed:

mount: Could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know
about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)

Thanks,
Terry

--
OpenSuSE 12.1 --- Kernel 3.1.9-1.4-desktop --- 09:50AM --- Mon 07/01/13
There are 10 types of people, those who know binary and those who don't