Re: [opensuse] IPv6 - do you use SLAAC or DHCP ?
Per Jessen wrote:
If you have both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses for a computer,
list the IPv6 first in the hosts file, so that it gets priority.
I don't use the hosts file anywhere, but I think IPv6 is given priority
by default (by way of /etc/gai.conf).

I haven't configured that file, but I found that having IPv4 listed
first caused it to be used. Also, not everything here is a linux box
where I can change that file. I also have a smart phone & tablet and
occasionally run my notebook with Windoes 7. So, putting IPv6 in hosts
is a trivial matter. Also, I only do that on the computer that's my
firewall/router/dns server/dhcp server/ntp server/IPv6 tunnel end
point.. I generally don't worry about the hosts files on other computers.