Re: [opensuse] Problem mounting an iso file
On 6/30/2013 6:44 PM, Terry Eck wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I can open it using Dolphin as you suggested. However
when is issue
the command: mount -o loop file.iso /mnt/isoimage
I still get the following:
mount: Could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know
about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)
I would still like to know what is wrong with my system where I cannot mount
the loop device.
Thanks
Terry

Oddly, I have no loop device in 12.3 either.
l /dev/l*
shows something called /loop-control .
My older machines show /dev/loop0 thru loop7

This shows often I've needed to use this! ;-)
I'm pretty sure it was there in 11.4.