Re: [opensuse] How should one make /media a tmpfs under 12.3?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 13:36:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2013-06-29 at 07:19 -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:
Carlos E. R. said the following on 06/28/2013 11:23 PM:

Ok, but I do not want to disable any of those files, AFAIK.

Yes you do.

You've said a number of times that you don't know where/why /tmp is being created as a regular directory on boot and don't want it to hapen.

No, not /tmp, but /media. And it was hapening because I misunderstood what this line I myself wrote does:

d /media 0755 root root 10d

And RTFM only applies if you know what to look for already.

Again, we've told you a number of times and and I've said many, many times "use apropos".

I have and I do. Why don't you think I did not?

cer@Telcontar:~> apropos tmpfs
tmpfs: nothing appropriate.
cer@Telcontar:~>

So...
But this is daunting:

cer@Telcontar:~> apropos systemd | wc -l
109
cer@Telcontar:~>

I did look at documentation and examples, but got it wrong; so I came and asked here instead, where there are humans that may already know the answer. I'm helping people all the time, so I see nothing wrong in being helped for once, instead of the other way round ;-)

Google is wonderful if you are lucky or you have a good idea what to look for.

Mostly because I never get it right the first time, or the second, or the third. I keep trying. With different words; With different word orders, Sometimes settling it to exclude stuff.

Its not luck; its persistence.

My friends know that I'm bad at using google :-)

I was once doing some training course; most of them were younger than me. When the teacher asked something, I thought about it. Those kids simply wrote the whole question on google - and amazingly, they got the answer quite often.

http://intradayfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Never_Give_Up.jpg

:-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.