Re: [opensuse] How Much Swap?
This system runs 6 web browsers loaded with more tabs than can be identified by the miniscule visible text they contain, email, 2 IRC apps, and several other apps 24/7 with 4GB RAM and 0 enabled dedicated HD swap space. Occasionally when working with large A/V files I see disk cache shrink to less than 15% or so, but usually more RAM is used by cache than any single application. Uptime is currently 19 days and cache is 35% of total RAM.

If swap is ever actually needed, the kernel will swap to /. With 64GB RAM, I find it difficult to imagine need for non-zero arbitrary allocation of dedicated swap space for a system that won't be hibernated.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/