Re: [opensuse] default root password
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:58:33 -0400
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 8:35 PM, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/20/2013 3:36 PM, Peter wrote:
Just for others' information, it seems that the OP succeeded with 'linux' as
I suggested, but I just noticed their reply was to me rather
than to the list where it was probably intended. I made the same mistake
myself earlier in the week. At least where I am I can blame the heat.

A scary choice. How many insecure installations are there out there with
linux as the default password?

Hopefully root can only log in locally, but still, not a good practice.

Susestudio defaults to linux as the root default password.

You can change that when you create a build, but the new default
password is shown to the world if you publish the appliance, so there
is not much point.

Greg