Re: [opensuse] default root password
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 03:33:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Thursday, 2013-06-20 at 18:24 -0700, John Andersen wrote:
On 6/20/2013 6:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Whatever the default password is for any system has the same risk, they are
publicly known. It doesn't matter how complex they are.

Not necessarily.
Many wifi routers now days come with the default password containing the serial
number.
There is no way to determine this without having the device in hand.

Nice trick.
I have not bumped into one of those.

Anyway... my router has a default fixed password. I changed both login and password, but as its control page is http, they can be sniffed. Local security is nil.

Who is going to sniff it? Well, it has parental control, so the kids will, eventually >:-P

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.