Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
В Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:54:05 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

В Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:00:52 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM, Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote: ...

Andrey, this discussion belongs here.
Just stick with unified naming space that dies not conflict with
kernel one, as was already done for other devices. udev no more
supports renaming of sda to sdb. Why it should support renaming
of eth0 to eth1?

It does now. Why throw it away?

We are going in circles. It is thrown away because this renaming
had
problems that were considered as not solvable by maintainers of
udev. If maintainers are wrong, you have to show it. If maintainers
are correct, you request to maintain indefinitely known broken
approach.

I don't think you understand my point. The new naming scheme will
introduce far more and far greater problems than what the current
scheme currently does. I am only proposing we give the user (for
whom we are doing all this work, right?) the _choice_ of keeping
"maybe some minor issues" vs. introducing "lots of big issues and
effort".

Patch to implement old renaming behavior is still present in factory.

Cool, thanks for bringing us up-to-date, Andrey. Do you happen to know
what is needed to activate this in e.g. 13.1M2 ?

Err ... nothing. It is there by default. Just create udev rules to set
interface names using whatever criteria suits you.