Re: [opensuse] Any chance of convincing Gimp to consider a .png asavalid saved image?
On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 10:39 +0200, Istvan Gabor wrote:
2013. június 20. 0:43 napon "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

On 2013-06-20 00:06, Istvan Gabor wrote:

I can use "File > Save as" to save a file in different image formats
(jpeg, tiff, png etc).
I can select image type from the pulldown list or just appending the type
suffix.
This is GIMP 2.6.8. Do I understand correctly that this behavior has been
changed and
the "save as" option is removed?

It does exist, but it does not allow you to save in any of those
formats. Now they want to "export" tho those format, save is reserved
for xcf format only :-(

I think it's far not the same thing.
If I "save as" the image I work on it becomes that type of image, eg. if I
save as a jpg,
from that point I work on a jpg image. But if I can only export, the image
itself stays
in xcf format, and I have to export it again, if I understand correctly. And
what about
working on non-xcf images? They also become xcf if I make only slight
modification,
eg. resizing, and have to export? It is silly. If this is true, I rather stay
with previous version.

Istvan

You don't have to export it. If you make small changes just choose:
File > Overwrite
L x