Re: [opensuse] Any chance of convincing Gimp to consider a .png as a valid saved image?
* Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-19-13 21:41]:
[...]
I followed the directions exactly, and I now have an executable file in
/plug-ins that reads about like the one posted. But when I opened a
.png file in GIMP, and then went to save it, it only wanted to save in
.xcf format, whether I selected save or save as. I must be missing
something. What now, please?

in what directory did you place the file and what name did you give it?