Re: [opensuse] Any chance of convincing Gimp to consider a .png as a valid saved image?
On 06/19/2013 07:31 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2013-06-20 01:10, Doug wrote:

Using PCLOS. I too find no use for the strange file type that gimp uses.
So I copied the script. But:
.gimp-2.8/plug-ins is a directory. (A sub-directory.) What should the
name of the script-file be?

Like this:

cd ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins
wget https://raw.github.com/akkana/gimp-plugins/master/save-export-clean.py
chmod a+x save-export-clean.py

I followed the directions exactly, and I now have an executable file in /plug-ins that reads about like the one posted. But when I opened a
.png file in GIMP, and then went to save it, it only wanted to save in
.xcf format, whether I selected save or save as. I must be missing something. What now, please?

Thanx--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M.Greeley