Re: [opensuse] Any chance of convincing Gimp to consider a .png as a valid saved image?
On 06/19/2013 04:28 PM, C wrote:
On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Any chance of changing this behavior? It is disruptive. :-/

Try this plugin
https://github.com/akkana/gimp-plugins/blob/master/save-export-clean.py

Interesting.

How does one go about adding that, do I have to recompile? I have never
used a gimp plugin.

1. Exit Gimp
2. Copy the Python plugin to .gimp-2.8/plug-ins
3. Make it executable
4. Start Gimp

This extension will add a new menu entry File > Save/Export Clean.

C.
--
openSUSE 12.3 x86_64, KDE 4.10

Using PCLOS. I too find no use for the strange file type that gimp uses. So I copied the script. But:
.gimp-2.8/plug-ins is a directory. (A sub-directory.) What should the name of the script-file be?
Thanx--doug
--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A.M.Greeley