Re: [opensuse] default root password
On 6/19/2013 9:51 AM, DenverD wrote:
On 06/19/2013 06:41 PM, Upscope wrote:
Every install of openSUSE I have done always asks for a user name and
password and for a root password, right after the the disk partiting
section.

me too, but i have never done a "PXE deployment" on an "ARM Highbank"
(whatever all that means)...have you?

dd

You'd expect this behavior from Ubuntu, but not from Linux.
The first thing I would do is log in as a user and see if sudo -s
would yield a shell (as root), then set root's password.
Then I'd take the first user out of the admin group.

Always having a separate login for root saves so much grief down the road.