Re: [opensuse] ssytemd and openSUSE
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 14:37:20 +0200
Anton Aylward wrote:

Per Jessen said the following on 06/19/2013 04:00 AM:
I don't think you understand my point. The new naming scheme will
introduce far more and far greater problems than what the current
scheme currently does. I am only proposing we give the user (for
whom
we are doing all this work, right?) the_choice_ of keeping "maybe
some minor issues" vs. introducing "lots of big issues and effort".

But you *HAVE* that option.

Go to

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PredictableNetworkInterfaceNames/
and scroll down to the section titled
"I don't like this, how do I disable this?"

You ought to try it, Anton - it reverts to the kernel naming, not the
persistent naming we have with openSUSE today.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (30.1°C)